Goals and Objectives
The library's goals and objectives appeal to a wide variety of users, from students and individuals to businesses and researchers. The Crypto++ library has been called a "Swiss army knife of cryptographic algorithms and schemes."
Crypto++ has three primary goals and objectives. They are:
- Provide a free C++ class library of cryptographic algorithms and schemes
- Provide modern and contemporary algorithms and schemes
- Provide lesser known and less frequently used algorithms and schemes
The library has secondary goals and objectives. They include:
- Provide weak, wounded and historically significant algorithms and schemes
- Support a wide array of platforms, architectures and development environments
- Interoperate and promote interoperation with other cryptographic libraries
Related wiki pages are Release Process.