This is the Crypto++ Frequently Asked Questions document. Some of these entries still point to the original FAQ (powered by FAQ-O-Matic). If you have time please help migrate them over to the Wiki and change the links below.
If you have any questions not answered in this FAQ, please search the Crypto++ mailing list archive, and then post your question to the mailing list if you can't find the answer in the archive.
- Where are the tutorials?
- Where is the reference manual?
- Is there anyone I could pay to help me with this?
Knowledge of Cryptography
- How am I going to use Crypto++ if I don't have a clue about cryptography?
- Recommended Algorithms
- Related Links
Using the Library
- How much C++ experience do I need to use this library?
- How do I use the Filter class?
- How do I use hex encoding and decoding?
- How do I use a block cipher in Crypto++ 4.x?
- How do I use a block cipher in Crypto++ 5.x?
- How do I use a stream cipher?
- How do I use a hash function?
- How do I use a message authentication code?
- How do I use a random number generator?
- How do I use a public key cryptosystem or signature scheme?
- How do I encrypt a message using a *private* key? (example of using signature with recovery)
- How can I use an RSA key from Crypto++ in openssl?
- The sample code shows how to work with a file, but my data is in a string (or vice versa).
- Why is ElGamal key generation so slow?
- How to use InformationRecoverFile() function.