Crypto++ 5.2 was released on June 29, 2004. The 5.2 release rolled up previous minor
bug fixes and added several new classes.
The download is available from the Crypto++ website. The checksums for the download
- Original crypto52.zip
- SHA1: 1fef7da7d7cdc23a4d51906d585e0b91c163693d
- SHA256: 103bf2cab8f3a0e245c50af9992aca1583796b4c2dcccc16a0207a09a17a2a66
Mirrors for the download are below. Note that GitHub and Sourceforge checksums on
the ZIP or TAR are different because each creates the archive from sources.
The release notes for Crypto++ 5.2 follows.
- merged in changes for 5.01 through 5.0.4
- added support for using encoding parameters and key derivation parameters with
public key encryption (implemented by OAEP and DL/ECIES)
- added Camellia, SHACAL-2, Two-Track-MAC, Whirlpool, RIPEMD-320, RIPEMD-128,
RIPEMD-256, Base-32 coding, FIPS variant of CFB mode
- added ThreadUserTimer for timing thread CPU usage
- added option for password-based key derivation functions to iterate until a
mimimum elapsed thread CPU time is reached
- added option (on by default) for DEFLATE compression to detect uncompressible
files and process them more quickly
- improved compatibility and performance on 64-bit platforms, including Alpha,
IA-64, x86-64, PPC64, Sparc64, and MIPS64
- fixed ONE_AND_ZEROS_PADDING to use 0x80 instead 0x01 as padding.
- fixed encoding/decoding of PKCS #8 privateKeyInfo to properly handle optional